Questions in personal finance revolve around:
- How much money is needed by a person (or a family), and when?
- Where will this money come, and how?
- How to protect against unforeseen personal events, as well as in the external economy?
- How can family assets be best transferred across generations (bequests and inheritance)?
- How does the tax policy (tax subsidies or penalties) affect personal financial decisions?
- How does affect the individual financial capacity?
- How can you for a secure financial future in an environment of economic instability?
Personal financial decisions may require payment for education, financing durable goods such as real estate and cars, buying insurance, e.g. health and property insurance, investing and saving for retirement.
Personal financial decisions may also include payment for a loan or debt.