Somehow, and whether you’ve taken the time or not, it’s all a bit too much to handle. You don’t even have time to log into your own accounts. How much money did you spend last month? What are you spending now? If you can’t answer these questions, or you’re simply not sure, then definitely, you need the best accounting software.
On top of that, our busy lifestyles mean we can’t keep track of everything ourselves. Whether it’s taxes or simply knowing where your cash goes, don’t stress yourself anymore!
The below reviewed best accounting software will solve every problem for you in seconds. Download, input some basic data and all your personal finances will be gathered in one place!
We believe that every business should have its own accounting software. This ensures that all your financial information is easy to access, and it also helps make sure that you are getting exactly what you need from your accounting software.
That said, our main goal is to pick the best product from other accounting software. We only focus on the user interface and functionality of the product. We don’t care about how long it takes to setup, or how many features it has.
Likewise, we look at all products through the same lens, focusing on what features are most important to you. After that, we make a list of our top picks for each category. Here’s how we do it:
We search for reviews on sites like Capterra and Software Advice. If it has more than 200 ratings and less than 200 ratings, we can skip it. We also look at the number of downloads per month across different platforms (we use Google Trends).
QuickBooks Mac Plus 2022, also known as Quickbooks Desktop for Mac, is an accounting software program that allows users to track their finances while working on a computer running the macOS.
It offers the same basic features as its Windows counterpart, but with added Mac-specific touches like the ability to connect iCloud contacts for easy access to customer or vendor information.
We recommend QuickBooks Desktop for Mac to Mac users who want the security and speed of locally installed software.
QuickBooks Online boasts a clean, easy-to-use interface that can take the headache out of bookkeeping. The service offers many of Quickbooks’ signature features—such as accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R)—as well as some unique solutions for self-employed professionals and small businesses.
This software, made for freelancers like designers, writers and videographers who don’t have time to learn accounting programs (but still need them to keep their businesses afloat), is a great choice. It’s easy-to-use—you can use it to track time*, send invoices* and collect payment from clients.
You can manage your accounting on a Mac without the need for an internet connection, if you use this software.
Many experienced bookkeepers prefer using QuickBooks on their desktops to using the online version because they can work more quickly when inputting data.
It’s equipped to help you manage and track the funds for your projects, including sending invoices with progress updates, tracking private mileage expenses by client or company.
QuickBooks Mac Plus 2022 has solid bill-paying and payroll features, including the ability to enter and pay a bill, track unpaid bills or loans, record recurring expenses—such as car payments or rent—and print vendor checks. You can use short-pay invoices (similar to an early payment discount) with this version.
LibreOffice is an open-source office suite. With no internet connection required, it’s an excellent alternative to high-cost office suites—and its massive community of avid developers makes sure that LibreOffice continues getting better with each new release.
LibreOffice is designed for individuals and small businesses that want free, downloadable tools. Although some large enterprises use LibreOffice, their lack of support is an issue for those who expect long-term care from software companies in the form of upgrades or bug fixes.
If your company has developers, you may prefer LibreOffice because it’s possible to configure the code to fit your needs. Additionally, several partners sell enterprise versions with customer service and service level agreements (SLAs). You might choose LibreOffice if:
- Your employees use a variety of operating systems, including Linux, macOS, and Windows. Internet access is often unreliable or unavailable at remote locations.
- You don’t care about whether the software you run is compatible with mobile devices and other online platforms.
You have large, complex documents that require a lot of language support.
- You’re already familiar with Microsoft Word and are looking for an open-source alternative
LibreOffice is available in a cloud-based version through third parties, under names such as Collabora Office and LibreOffice Online powered by CIB.
Like Microsoft Office and other database programs, LibreOffice has the tools you need to create documents, spreadsheets—and even presentations.
Although it does offer a simple way to create and share documents, OneNote doesn’t provide the tools you need to manage those files efficiently.
LibreOffice is a suite of applications, including Writer (a word processor), Calc (spreadsheet), Impress and Base.
- Writer: A simple, straightforward word processing program
- Calc: A spreadsheet, such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Impress: A tool to create slide shows
- Draw: An editing program that handles both text and graphics
- Base: An application that can be used with the LibreOffice suite of applications
- Math: A formula editor used to create intricate formulas, which can then be accessed in any LibreOffice application.
- Charts: A free program that can be used to create and edit charts and graphs.
For decades, Quicken has been one of the best personal finance tools around. When you’re looking for a way to organize your finances and track spending, it’s important to explore all available options—including Quicken’s newer offerings like mobile apps.
Quicken Home & Business is a personal and business finance management program that allows users to track all their finances in one place.
Freelancers, self-employed individuals and small business owners who need help keeping track of their personal and business expenses may find this software a good fit.
Although it lacks many of the advanced accounting features found in traditional business software, Quickens basic functions are sufficient for most small businesses.
Quicken offers the most advanced personal accounting features of any software on the market. It’s also a great fit for people who own rental properties—or are thinking of starting one.
The software is not well suited to small businesses with multiple users or that need payroll or time tracking.
Both the Mac and Windows versions of Quicken support the following features:
- Develop and maintain a personally tailored budget.
- The program lets you track the value of your investments and see how they are performing. It shows unrealized gains (changes in market price) as well as realized ones (from selling assets).
- Use custom reports to view your income and spending.
- You can view your investment returns and see things like R.O.I (return on investment) and IRR (internal rate of return).
- You can also make bill payments directly through the Quicken app
- You’ll get expert help to figure out how best to pay down your debt. You can talk with a trained support agent by phone from 5 A.M–5 P.M Monday through Friday, Pacific Time.
- You can export your data to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word or text formats such as QXF and QUIF.
Sage 50cloud Accounting is a hybrid accounting application designed to be installed on a computer, but it also offers remote access using Microsoft Office 365.
Sage 50cloud Accounting Premium is your best bet if you need an application that supports more than one user—it includes accounting and inventory management features for up to five users.
Sage 50cloud Accounting Quantum offers advanced features and functions to support up to 40 system users. It includes business insight dashboards, role-based security, project management capabilities—and industry-specific functionality.
Like the navigation centers in QuickBooks Desktop applications, Sage 50cloud Accounting’s include these screens for getting around:
- Customers and sales
- Vendors and purchases
- Inventory services
- Employees and payroll
If you use a particular feature often, consider making a shortcut to it for easier access. Shortcuts show up in the Shortcuts menu on the far right side of your screen (if they aren’t visible, click and hold down one of these icons until more options appear).
The ability to grow with your business is an important factor when choosing a software solution—you don’t want to invest time and money into something that will be outgrown in six months. Fortunately, this popular QuickBooks alternative offers scalability for businesses of all sizes.
There are three plans to choose from, so you can start with the one that best suits your needs and upgrade if necessary.
The software is also immensely versatile, featuring many different product options that allow businesses to find the right balance between ease of use and advanced functionality. Among these are complete inventory management functions, advanced budgeting capabilities and job costing tools—all backed by solid integration with Microsoft Office 365.
The product also integrates with dozens of third-party applications, including Paya for easy online payment acceptance and AccuPOS for sales processing—which is made even easier by Timewatch.
In the world of accounting software, there are many companies that provide products to help you with your bookkeeping needs.
However, how do you know which software is the best for your business?
There are several factors that we look at when selecting a new accounting software package for our clients:
1. Cost – The most important factor when selecting an accounting software package is cost. It is important to understand exactly what each package will cost you before making a final decision on which one to purchase. Some companies may offer free trial periods or discounted packages so that you can try them out before committing to a full subscription fee.
2. Features – Once you have chosen a particular package and have decided on an amount of time that you would like to commit to its use, it is time to evaluate each feature available within the program and determine whether it meets your needs. You should also consider whether any additional modules might be needed in order to fulfill all of your business’s requirements including accounting and payroll processing.
3. Support – No matter how good an accounting software package appears on paper and how much time was spent evaluating it.
All in all, business owners and freelancers will find plenty to like about accounting software.
While a lot of personal finance software attempts to do accounting work as well, these apps are often insufficient for managing business finances.
With these four options for accounting software on Amazon, you can spend less time looking for the correct tool and more time getting the job done.